Monday, August 20, 2007

Unconnected Thoughts.

Lots of unconnected thoughts this evening. Not even going to attempt to link them up.

Someone told me yesterday that they like sleeping because it means they're not awake. I wish I didn't understand.

Too tired to feel/act a number of ways at the moment.
E.g. Too tired to be angry. Takes too much energy.
E.g. Too tired to lie. Lying requires brain to think up some lie, which in turn requires brainpower.
E.g. Too tired to deal with awkward situations. Much easier to pretend all's good, all's fine.
E.g. Too tired to respond in too many situations.

I find the amount of emailing I do quite startling. Send so many emails, receive so many. I can walk away from my computer for an hour and there's 10 new emails - a couple facebook messages/notifications, but the rest are actually emails. Not a bad thing though. Email is good. Less lazy than the whole facebook walling phenomenon, anyway. But random ramblings on walls is just too easy and too tempting not to do.

Had two conversations tonight which I felt I fully engaged in. One was regarding a topic that is highly relevant to me at the moment, so was easy to keep up with. Another was over the phone, but was not difficult to engage in either as there were some rather amusing stories of random strangers showing up at your doorstep. Actually engaging in conversation is good.

Rice is definitely easier to cook than pasta. Less hassle - assuming you have a rice cooker. No need to stir, no need to watch that it doesn't overcook, no need to make sure water doesn't overflow.

Sundried tomatoes and olives are some of the best inventions in the world.

No comments: