Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rejection.

I guess some people just like rejecting people. Want to go for dinner? Sorry, I have a meeting on that night. Want to go see this movie? Sorry, I'm not into horror films. Want to go for coffee? Um... I don't drink coffee?

Perhaps it makes them feel superior. Makes them feel special, makes them feel in control, this rejecting people thing.

That's a game people like to play with me. But that's not my game.

Because there's a limit to how much rejection one person can take. One day, people will stop asking. One day, people will give up. One day, people will stop caring.

Then again, I've met some people who have unbelievably high rejection thresholds. You would think after being rejected more than say, three times on the same thing, they might stop asking. Or, if they're really into it, perhaps five times. Not too many more times than that, right?

As I said before, rejection, both rejecting or being rejected, is not a game I like to play.

But life is a game. It has to be played.

Besides. One day the answer might be "Yes".

No comments: