Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sometimes I Smile.

Someone told me today that sometimes I smile.

It's been a good weekend. Likely to be the best weekend I've had in a few months.

Dinner on Friday was fantastic, as mentioned in the previous post.

Had a rather adventurous excursion to Williamstown yesterday. Activities ranged from freaking out as cycling companion had a minor accident in the first 30 seconds of our ride, circling around Crown and Docklands rather confusedly attempting to bypass all the construction works, devouring delicious crepes in a cafe, enjoying the peace along Williamstown beach, and snapping away at people pulling rather interesting faces. It was fantastic.

Had a chem eng gathering last night. Never knew I had chefs as coursemates. Housemate asked me how the dinner was. I replied, "Good. Very good, actually." I guess I must have sounded surprised, because she then asked, "What, did you expect it to be crap or something?" No, I didn't. But I rarely expect things to be great these days.

Relaxing Sunday. Completed all assignments due in the next two days in the morning, and had a very pleasant afternoon. Just now, during dinner, neighbours that I've never seen before came over and brought us muffins. Apparently we allowed them to walk through our house to the car park a few days ago, and they were just thanking us for the favour. I wasn't aware of this favour, must've not been in. For the rest of dinner, we pondered over the relative likelihoods of rat-poisoned muffins versus people actually being genuine. Ate the muffins half an hour ago, I'm still alive and kicking, so nice people must still exist in the world.

For the past two nights, I've been in such a good mood that I haven't been able to fall asleep. Brain too active.

Yes, sometimes I smile.

No comments: