Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oct 2, '07

I've been told quite a lot recently that I'm a good friend. Just because I send an email a day to various people on my contact list to ask them to vote for someone to be torch bearer in the '08 Olympics. Takes five minutes, max. If only that's really all it took to be a good friend. Hmm.

Most people that read this blog already know about the Olympics thing. If for some reason I neglected to email you, vote at:
http://pub1.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/torch/members.shtml?mid=149

It is in the Chinese culture to value family highly. Amongst all the celebrations of the last week, this was really hilighted, with all the heartfelt speeches made by various family members.

I've been asked by various classmates why I am always sleeping in class. I actually didn't realize I sleep that much. Yesterday, I made a conscious effort to stay awake in one of my classes, and noticed no one in the first five rows or so were sleeping. How that is possible is beyond me. I'm not concerned though. I am doing fine. Isn't it that sleep helps you absorb information anyway?

QLD is the sunshine state. NSW has the well-renowned opera house. But there's a reason VIC is "The Place to Be".

No comments: