Thursday, October 4, 2007

An Alternate Writing Style.

This, I imagine, will be a rather long post.

This blog has caused a lot of problems. The problems have lie in me and my writing style. Frequent readers will know that write in metaphors, and speak without naming names, on the whole. Or, if names are required, I will make up a name. Unfortunately, my writing style is not compabibile with some of my reader's reading style. Posts are often misinterpretted. As a result, I was going to stop blogging.

The thing is though, writing is very helpful to me, because, as I have said before, it focuses my mind into realizing what I am thinking. Additionally, the people that apparently like reading my bog discouraged me to stop blogging. Various pieces of advice was given - to password-protect the blog, or to try a different writing style that is less ambiguous and have the potential to cause conflict, for example. I tried putting in a password this morning - unfortunately, it wouldn't work, even after multiple attempts. Thus, for now, I will stick to an alternate writing style. I don't know how it will work. Chances are, it might be even worse. I'll give it a shot anyway.

I thought I would start by trying to describe my past 12 hours or so.

I was not feeling well last night. In fact, at one point, I threw a mug at my wall. It broke and hurt my hand. No, I do not do this all the time. But last night, I was not feeling good. I tried dealing with it myself. But I couldn't. The more I looked at it, the more I couldn't fix it. I decided to call up a friend. Couldn't get through to that friend, so I called another. It proved to be quite a helpful phone call, because as a result, I was calmed down and I was able to fix up the hand problem.

I was quite tired by the end of all of it, though, and hence was not able to review my prac report due today. This morning, when going through it, I realized I hadn't completed the drawings. In a slight frenzy, I quickly drew it all out, ended up getting to work late. Fortunately, though, I had finished most of the things I have to do at work yesterday, so being a bit late is probably ok.

This morning, things were not ok. I know talking helps, so I tried calling people, but the words just didn't come out.

In general, though, things are improving. I feel it. A few months ago, I could only remember looking forward to two things. Now, I can think of more:
1. Mum coming tomorrow.
2. Car shopping.
3. Seeing Aunty Wing again soon.
4. End of Week 12.
5. Starting ExxonMobil job.

Dad gave me a suggestion yesterday. He said to deliberately write a sentence or two everyday on a positive note. He says that if we think and believe in something, it will happen - it is the power of the brain. While I don't completely agree quite to that extent, I do know that thoughts play a large role on how we act, and hence indirectly what will happen.

So, walking to work today, I decided to think of the things I was most thankful for right that second. I was thankful for sunshine. I was thankful for family. The sun made me smile this morning. Family never leaves.

I'm not sure how this post will turn out. Usually, I would write the whole thing as a metaphor. Now, it is crystal clear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just spent a couple of hours reading and catching up on your life. I know you're not writing to inform, but thanks for writing :)

Enjoy car shopping - I personally think the Maza 121 Hatchback is a winner. Simply bellissimo!!
HAHAH