Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Conversation with Mr. Zackeroo.

Correct. I only made a post a couple of hours ago. But had a conversation just now that I feel is very post-worthy. In fact, I don't think I've ever posted a conversation up before. It's a first.

---

Zack: life is good?

me: thats a bit too much to ask. life is average.
yourself?

Zack: HAAH
LIFE IS GREAT
always living XXL
the only way I know how

me: xxl?

Zack: extra extra large

me: hahaha
yeah
i figured
hmm
interesting phrase

Zack: HA
w americans...weird bunch

me: righhhht. just BLAME IT ON YOUR COUNTRY
tsk tsk

Zack: HAHA
and I guess my mom :P
I've learned attitude is key in this life
sometimes you gotta trick yourself into looking at the positive, the mind is a strange beast

me: hm
and how do u trick urself into looking at the positive?
i aint too good at that zackeroo
mind not easily tricked

Zack: haha, make T chart, with the positives on one side and the negatives on the other
+ usually outweighs the negative. And if it doesn't, then you start making things up...
+1) I can breath fresh air +2) I can feel the water on my feet at the beach. here is one we both share...+3) I have Char in my life +4) I have a great job lined up for Exxon-Mobile +5) I live in a warm country+6) I can afford a computer to type on +7) I have seen more countries and sites than most people will ever see in their lives +8) I have two loving parents and friends that care +9) I can learn something new everyday +10) I can smile anytime I want...it is free!

me: awww zackman, you're awesmoe

Zack: +11) There is music in the world...and if you don't like it, create your own :)
AHHA, thanks dude, but the secret is....
you gotta realize YOU are as well
we are all capable of greatness and despair, it is just which side we choose to focus on and feed

me: how do you 'feed' greatness?

Zack: 1) surround yourself with positive role models 2) Learn as much as you can 3) Laugh often 4) blow off steam by playing sports 5) Help someone everyday 6) eat healthy so you feel good about yourself
7) Think of those who are not as fortunate as you are
8) Look fondly on the past
9) embrace the present, it is a gift
10) and look to the future with youthful optimism and excitement
These are all positivist human ideas I subscribe to. No religion in particular, just what seems to work for me and others
Be the best you can be, smile and the world will smile back
tell Char I said HIIIII

me: hahahaa....
thanks zack
you're a natural encourager
sleep well
KEEP SMILING

Zack: always Kei, Talk soon homie, BYE!!

me: BYE

Zack: OH yeah, one more. You have a skill in Chemical Engineering that more than half the world does not understand. Never forget you have abilities and attributes that no one else has...like HUMOR. You are unique and people will love you for it. Just stay strong during the dark days, and always know that we come out of those dark periods. They make all the positive days all the more sweet. Peace cousin.
---

A positive for today: Often times, when I'm not having a high-flying day, someone usually saves it. Be it a phone call, an email, a surprise visit, whatever. Today, it's Mr. Zackeroo. Thanks, matey. =)

No comments: