Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good stuff.

Wrote something else just now. Decided not to post it. Not appropriate. Sigh.

Remembering Dad's recommendation of writing something positive everyday, especially if things aren't fine and dandy. Something about the power of the mind. Felix 2 is shortly going to recommend me some other things as well. In the meantime, I will stick to the positive thinking:

- CU dinner last night was fantastic. Good to catch up with everyone. There were some rather funny speeches as well.
- Made a few people genuinely laugh today. Forgot how that felt like. Haven't heard the words "You're funny" in a very long time. Of course, I realize that by funny, they meant lame. But I like lame. Lame is good. =)
- 2 subjects down. Feeling very relaxed now uni-wise - should be a relaxed SWOTVAC and exam period.
- Fully slept (and dreamed) in my 8am class today, which is not good, but actually stayed awake in the 11am class. It was the last Process Dynamics class ever. I actually liked that class. Funny lecturer.
- Fast bike rides on chilly mornings can do a lot. I highly recommend.
- Someone called this morning to check that I was alive. Not that they thought I had literally stopped breathing. Those were the words they used though. It is nice when people notice things.
Some of the contents of the MUCESS magazines were rather funny this year. Perhaps the readers of this blog may not agree. Us chemical engineering students thought they were funny though. Yes, we're lame =) Some exercepts:

You know you're a chemical engineer if:
- You can size a distillation column in your head, but need a pencil and paper to figure the tip on a $45 restaurant bill.
- You stare at an orange juice container because it says CONCENTRATE.
- You'd really like to have a T-shirt that says "Chemical Engineers Do It In Fluidised Beds".

Female engineers...
- Don't think of male engineers as dorks.
- Are the only ones smart enough to enter into a field that is 95% male.
- Have used nail polish remover for more than just removing nail polish.
- Know the value of hairspray's flammable properties.

Haha. I like the last one. Careful of that hairspray. Dangerous stuff.

Would like say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two people today - my I-would-like-to-marry-my-lasagne-HOUSEMATE, and to my I-read-comics-at-work-and-talk-nonsense-on-MSN-BUDDY. Hope your day rocks. =)

Think positive. Or don't think at all. Better than the third alternative.

Good stuff.

No comments: