Friday, June 29, 2007

Only Words.

I used to find it difficult to be serious. Every other sentence would be a joke or sarcastic remark. Had a couple of incidents last year in which I accidentally offended people because they didn't realize I was joking.

Times have changed. Less jokes now. Maybe it's because I just find things less funny than before. The shooting the other week in Melbourne is not funny. People intentionally harming people is not funny. People dying is not funny. Because these things happen to real people. It's not just on TV.

Or, perhaps it's because my nonsensical pal has flown off to the US for a semester. No one to argue with and talk nonsense to.

I reckon it's detrimental to the health, all this serious talk. I was a better person when I had a sense of humour.

Used to find it hard to lie too. But then, when I think about it, it's only words. Everyone lies, whether it is through their actions, intentions, or facial expressions.

I lie all the time now. To prevent trouble. To mitigate troubling situations. To prevent unncessary worry.

It's only words.

No comments: