Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Knitting Part II.

I'm sure most Melburnians will agree with me that it has been quite cold lately. Been down to 5 degrees most nights, and snow is not unheard of in some places in Victoria.

It is at times like this that one realizes the benefits of knitting. Knitted jumpers, scarves, beanies, socks... all these can make someone feel warm and fuzzy on an otherwise dreary, cold winter's day.

Incidentally, my grandma called the other day. Asked me whether I wanted her to knit me a jumper. Was a really nice offer, I must say. However, although I am slowly warming to the idea of knitted clothing, a jumper was a bit too full-on for me. We agreed on a scarf.

That's an aside though.

What I'm trying to get at, I don't know.

Right. I stand by the fact that knitting is dangerous. Needles could poke someone in the eye. Wool could strangle a cat. The static is a potential ignition source.

Knitting is walking straight into disaster.

But I'm cold.

Knitted jumpers help.

Life is all about compromise.

1 comment:

living on borrowed time said...

soon i'll be the one telling you life is all about compromise dude. but life is good so far. almost done with one paper! i hope you're acing your exams! and kissed the REB walls for me.

much love homie