Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just Save It.

Had an interesting discussion with someone today. Made me realize something.

I was whinging about the status of some of my friendships. You try and you try, but there's some instances in which I think even Mr Churchill was wrong - sometimes it's just time to give up. The person I was having the conversation agrees with me, and said something along the lines of, "Yup. Sometimes you think it's a pity. But then, it's better putting effort into other friendships worth saving."

Problem is, there was a time when I thought various currently doomed friendships were valuble, were worth saving. I guess some things are just too hard to predict.

Fortunately, some friendships are worth it. Some friendships are worth the effort, some worth the heartache, worth the pain.

Give up on what is already doomed. Save it for what could potentially last.

No comments: