Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, '08

Meant to write yesterday.. but forgot - there was a pigeon in one of my lectures. Apparently bird species are quite prevalent in classrooms in Singapore, but it was a first for me at Melbourne Uni. The thing is, it wasn't even in one of those outdoorsy sort of lecture theatres... Prince Phillip Theatre, actually, in the architecture building. The whole class jumped when the cheeky little creature flew across the front of the lecture hall. It certainly gave me a fright when it just popped out from under my seat. It amused me though. I love staring contests with animals. Makes me laugh.

Was waiting for a tram today, was thinking, isn't it interesting how even just a line of trees just outside one building can all have leaves with different shades of green? I mean, if you just ask anyone, "Hey, what colour are trees?" assuming they don't think it's a trick question and aren't colour blind, I reckon most people will say green. But if you actually examine closely, all threes have leaves of different shades of green (well, of course other colours too, but red/brown/orange colours aren't really in abundant in Melbourne these days). The shade, on one tree, is quite consistent though... There's no particular point I'm trying to make with this paragraph. It's just an observation.

I'm glad I was able to inspire some people. It was truly, truly unintentional. I guess it's cool when sometimes you don't try and you manage to do something good. Cuz... lots of times you try really really really hard and you still fail.

What inspires me, and what inspired me today, was hearing others' experiences. Was unexpected, but much needed and much appreciated. Thanks, matey =)

No comments: