Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18, '08

Egg.sauce.ted. Received process development report outline. My no sleep begins now and will continue for the next 10 weeks.

Ongoings of Lytton St household: "Mr XX is coming for dinner tomorrow night. I told him you're famous for your lasagne. He'll be here at 7... thanks Kei!" Haha... in the end, I couldn't make the lasagne due a pan being lent out. Dinner was good.

Something I say to people on an occasionally-regular basis: "If you're wondering whether you should call, the correct answer is always that you should." If people don't want to talk, they'll turn off their phone, they'll screen your call, they'll shout profanities into your ear when they pick up. Alright, being cursed isn't that pleasant... but still, point is, call. Experience tells me the majority are waiting, hoping someone will call. Strip down the pride, call, rock up, dare to show you care, acknowledge people's existence.

Luck/unluck is always a factor. Qantas's currently state, I feel, is a prime example. Forgetting to empty the toilets and therefore having to divert the plane to the closest city? That's plain unlucky, especially in light of all the other incidents that have happened in the last few weeks. It was a mistake of the ground crew. It could've happened to anyone, at anytime. It happened today, to Qantas, because of unluck.

OH. Keep meaning to write bout this but keep forgetting. Recently, quite a few people have come up to me and told me they read Nothing of Particular Importance. Just want to say a word of thanks. Certainly, all readers are welcome, and it is open to all, but it still freaks me out sometimes when I "accidentally discover" people that I didn't know read it are regularly customers.. Would rather know straight up, it seems less deceptive, although the reason for that is completely unjustified.

Laughing is good. Sleeping is good. Hence, going to climb into bed now. Hopefully sleep will happen. Perhaps even some laughing. Funny dreams?

No comments: