Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24, '08

Mixed signals. I see myself giving them. I hear myself saying one thing, then saying the complete opposite. It's just as well that I don't talk to myself. Otherwise I would punch me for being so ... confusing.

Feeling safe - experience today convinced me that it was the heart of it all. Something about being physically near something trustable and familiar... rare moments of peace, rare moments of calm, rare moments of feeling.. so... good. Just a familiar presence standing in the corner of a big, empty hall can make the hall seem so much less big, so much less empty.

Sometimes there's no resolution. Sometimes there's just compromise. Ideally, most want resolution. Realistically, we'll have to deal with compromise.

Besides, the compromise isn't always that bad.

No comments: