Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Just move on.

I miss my bike. The one that was taken away from me last semester.

There's a new one. A red Anacaconda that someone kindly lent me for an unspecified, and perhaps an indefinite, period of time. It runs, it's my size, it looks cool. In fact, lots of people at uni have had many positive comments about my "bright new bike". But it's not the same.

There are a few issues with it. First of all, the gears aren't working properly. I have given up changing gears - I've just picked one that works on relatively flat ground, and treat other terrain as good exercise. Rather than that than earth-shaking rattling noises throughout the entire duration of the ride. Also, the lock is very difficult to use - both in actually locking the bike (the keys have to be balanced in a very fine position for it to lock) and also in placing the lock in the lock holder - it just doesn't want to go in. The other thing is, I've seriously never had so many accidents on a bike before.

However, even if the gears were fixed (if anyone could help in this regard, I'd be extremely grateful) and the lock replaced, it's not my blue Shogun. Small things - handles don't feel right, it doesn't make the same sound when gears are changed, even when I walk the bike, it feels very different.

Be grateful that I have a working, good bike right? Just move on?

I can't even get over my bike.

How will I ever get over more important things than that? How will I ever move on?

No comments: