Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Attention: CHRISTIANS.

Stop inviting me to your church. Your Bible study. Your evangelism event. Your prayer meetings. Your outreach activities. Just leave it.
*Exception: CU people and events.

Why? Because I think it's ridiculous. Ridiculous that you have so many things on that the only time you can "catch up" is at a church event. I think it's ridiculous that you have to ask me what I would like prayer for. It's ridiculous, because, hey, guess what, a real friend would know. It's ridiculous that you're so busy saving the world that you don't even realize when the worlds have already crashed on the people right beside you.

Oh, for those of you that don't know, I'm a Christian too. The inconsistent church go-er sort. But I believe in God, Jesus, all that, and it isn't a "feel-good" thing. It's not that I'm tricking myself into believing it as a means to comfort myself, as if to fool myself into thinking that life has meaning. No, call me crazy, but it's actually because I 100% honestly think what the Bible says is true.

Why is it that people that aren't Christians seem to have time? Why is it that they are there when the world is collapsing?

And why am I wasting time writing this nonsense??? I was told by multiple people yesterday that I am really screwed if I have not started the bionano assignment. Unfortunately I don't care much, or at all, about quartz crystal microbalances and Saubrey equations.

So, who wants to come to church with me on Sunday? -_-;;

No comments: