Saturday, July 7, 2007

Marks.

Uni marks. That's what they are. Uni marks.

I have been saying for the last four, five weeks or so that as long as I pass all subjects, I will be happy. I know a lot of people said something along those lines as well. But I meant it.

No major rewards for doing well. No major consequences of doing poorly (provided you don't fail). Currently have a high enough average for graduating with honours already. Not going for IH scholarships. Have a decent enough resume in which fantastic marks is not vital.

Cannot expect fantastic marks if you spend half your SWOTVAC staring out the Ballileu window, observing the trees. Or if you sleep a mere two or three hours before an exam, drink a few coffees and spend much of your time going to the toilet during the exam.

There are miracles.

On the other hand, a big shout-out to my sister for beyond brilliant Year 12 results. Now that actually is significant. Certainly quite a drama yesterday with the whole wrong password and all. All the best in choosing your course for next year.

For uni students, two more weeks of freedom.

No comments: