Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 30, 2011

Today was a sad day. Not just for me, but for many others. I cannot even begin to imagine how painful it must be for them.

I knew it would be difficult, but hearing the words tonight, I realize just how much he meant to me.

As I stood there reflecting, images came into my head, memories that I hadn't thought of in awhile. I recall a time, about 3-4 years ago, after a fairly horrific night I had, in which I was given his number to call in the event of another emergency. I was offered many numbers, and I wouldn't take them, but his I took, even though I didn't know him that well, he appeared trustworthy and safe. I don't know why.

I recall another time, also 3-4 years ago, in which he came up to me and asked me how I was going. We both knew that he knew what had happened. I told him I was scared, and had trouble walking around by myself. He acknowledged that it was a difficult position to be in. He appeared to understand.

There were happier memories. One time I heard him tell a children's story. A story about Santa Claus. I hadn't really seen him around children before. He was good with them.

I am immensely thankful that he has been able to be a part of my life. I am immensely, immensely thankful for the help he provided through difficult times. Sad, but immensely thankful.

I hope we do not lose perspective during this time. Let's not get side tracked on what we don't know, or infer things from what's not really there. Let's make sure we cling to what is true.

I trust that God's at work, fulfilling his good purposes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you and me some good recovery.

Much love from Bendigo Hospital. And many apologies.

Kei said...

Hope you get well soon, Evan! Just found out you are in the hospital. Take care and stay safe :)

What's the apology for?