Sunday, March 15, 2009

Storytelling.

Once upon a time, there was a pig.

The end.

###

I tell this story to kids that ask for a story. Typical conversation goes something like this:

"Tell me a story."
"Sure. Once upon a time, there was a pig.... The end."
"That's not a story!"
"Yes it is! I'll tell it to you again! Listen carefully now... Once upon a time, there was a pig... The end."
"No it's not! Tell me another one!"
"Once upon a time, there was a cow... The end."

etc etc

Indignance aside from it apparently not being a real story, kids seem to love it. Able to go through quite a few animals before the conversation dies down.

###

I'm guessing all reading this is 15 or above. If not, feel free to correct me. To you grown people out there, I have a story to tell you...

Once upon a time, there was a pig.

The end.

No comments: