Monday, May 28, 2007

Uni.

My previous posts have been of topics that recently have plagued my thoughts, consumed my time, and been critical in terms of influencing my recent behaviour. But to mark the beginning of SWOTVAC, I thought it would be appropriate to write about something that has surprisingly taken up a very small portion of my time, and almost none of my thoughts. Something that has taken a ridiculously low priority in my life. Uni.

Ran into a friend near the Ballileu today. She asked me if I was going to the library. I told her, no, actually I was going to the bookroom to buy dividers. She responds, in disbelief, "Dividers?!?! At this time in the semester?!" It was only then it really dawned to me how uni for me this semester is beyond repair.

Finding it difficult to care though. It's not like I'm going to be a doctor. Med students need to study. They need to know their stuff. They need to know their stuff so as not to kill people. But apparently I don't need to use any of this stuff in industry.

Hm. Most people take breaks from studying. I use studying to take a break from the rest of life.

Right. Of course, it is important that I don't fail. But the thing is, I won't fail.

So life is good. Life is wonderful. Everything is under control.

No comments: