Friday, May 25, 2007

Manners and flirtations.

Manners. That is something I'm grateful to my parents for. At least, I would like to believe that I have half-decent manners.

I remember when I was young, Mum would always tell me to greet aunty and uncles. Aunty and uncles as in family friends, in addition to relies. She would tel me how important it is to say "jo sun" and "sek fan" at the appropriate times. To use their names. "Hi", apparently is not good enough - it must be "Ye Ye Jo Sun" or "Sek fan, Ma Ma". Thought it was a bit excessive then, wasn't particularly used to it, but manners are important.

A simple thanks means a lot. An apology when apology is required. Taking what is yours and not always trying to find ways to take more. Grace.

Moving on.

Small point - to my commenter: readership now is approximately four. Be careful with comments, i.e. don't post your detailed plans to strangle any people here, for fear that a couple of people may find out and expose you to the world. All other comments welcomed, though. Even if it reveals your appalling taste in actors.

Rightio.

Flirting. I can't stand it. Can't stand how two otherwise rather normal people turn themselves into fools. How it makes otherwise rather rational people lose their minds. If you're going to do it, at least do it in private, without putting on a show for the rest of the world.

Hoping that this perception is temporary, haven't always felt this way. Again, I take full reponsibility for these feelings. Not their fault. Flirting is not a bad thing. It is a good thing. Some would say it is essential in terms of beginning a relationship.

Nevertheless, I am going to throw something at someone soon.

1 comment:

living on borrowed time said...

throw something at someone..lets pray it isnt a knife! haha.

OGRAY. youve offcially embarrassed me. but hey

KEANU, the man, is the hottest thing today. Aside from the lovely Spring/Summer weather.

WHOOHOOOOO!

HI KEI