Friday, April 24, 2009

If it's not too hard...

There's enough hard things in the world. Calculus. Radiography. Investment. Relationships. Forgiveness. The list goes on.

Hence, if it's not too hard, I'll just do it. If it's not too out of the way, doesn't require that much extra effort. A simple word of thanks Sending a card to someone on their birthday. Making a slight detour to drive someone home late at night. Staying up one extra hour to be with someone while they cry. Making that one extra phone call before bed to make sure someone is ok.

Some things don't take that much effort. But what it can do ... that's boundless.

I've felt this way. I've felt surprised some of the thanks and appreciation I have been given to some of the things I consider trivial. Perhaps we won't save all the people dying from AIDS even in our life time. But perhaps we can just make one person crack a smile each day.

Make someone smile. Make someone smile today.

It's not that hard.

No comments: