Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday, '09

Starting off the beginning of the year... I thought, 2009 was not going to be too bad.

Reflecting over the last four months, I'm relieved to say that my gut feeling has so far been correct. Lots of good things have happened lately. Met a lot of interesting people. Tried a lot of interesting new things. Started helping people again (just in very small ways), which I feel I haven't done in a very long time.

In the last four months, I noticed the leaves changing colour. I noticed when the sunset, and was generally asleep when the sun rose. More than 1 in 10 conversations I have probably actually engaged in. All these things make me thinks, '09 isn't going too badly at all.

Of course, not everything is rocking. Today I caught a whiff of this smell that made me very sad. I saw a photo that made me very angry. I thought thoughts that would be classified R for violence and offensive language.

But in general, '09 has been good.

Being Easter Sunday, I would like to pray this prayer -
Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Thanks for Jesus, thank you for his obedience to die on the cross, thanks that because of him and what he did around 2000 years ago, life has meaning. Help me forgive, help me to not hate, help me to love, both you and others. Thanks for being there, thanks for not leaving, and thanks for never giving up on people.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

2 comments:

skidzz said...

AMEN TO THAT =P

Unknown said...

great prayer dudey! =) very encouraging indeed