Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November 26, '08

- I was told a few days ago that an era is ending. Uni has finished, DP is complete, the "sit down, listen, learn, and take notes" for the past 16 years has ended. I don't like to think of it as an end of an era. It's because I feel like one must reflect at era-ends. I.e. think about what went well, what didn't go well, how to improve. Thinking ahead, looking towards the future, making goals, etc. That's just too worrisome. Thinking about tomorrow is enough.

- I said to someone yesterday, "Loss/grief/pain/hurt = life = too difficult". The response? "I don't believe that for a second." That was encouraging.

- Someone said to me today, "Feel free to stay and be my slave." Ah, the irony. It's been good to be welcomed in a home. It's been good to have company. Even if it involves being a slave =) This, I think, is what I have been most grateful for this month.

- I was riding through uni today and was thinking, there are some parts of uni I will miss a lot, some I'm sure I won't even realize till a lot later. E.g. Castros. That place has helped me get through many sleepless nights. Long live their cappucino. There are some things I won't miss though, like the engineering computers that never work.

- Ask people how they are. Actually genuinely ask. Genuinely be willing to give your time to listen. You'll be amazed how many people need it.

- If anyone is bored anytime in the following week, please give me a call. I will almost 100% certain be free.

- I want a dog.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hi Kei,

strange post for me to start replying on, but oddly - I've never had engineering computer problems. Always handy.

And... I just finished exams this morning too, and am probably free for...whatever.

(And, you're right about asking how people are.)