Monday, August 16, 2010

Politics.

Australian federal election is coming up this Saturday.

The nation goes to vote.

It appears that political views is another one of those you don't tend to outrightly ask people about. Of course, it's sometimes fairly obvious what people's views just even, say in the way they respond to certain pieces of news.

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit discouraged about the whole situation at the moment. I've done a bit of thinking (not an excessive amount, could probably do a bit more), but at the moment there really isn't a particular party that I actually think would even do a reasonable job.

If you have more knowledge in politics than I do and can share with me some things contrary to that prior to Saturday, it would be greatly appreciated.

I feel it's a bit sad to cast a blank vote in a democratic society.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm having that same trouble...

Peter said...

There are parties for (pretty much) all tastes in the senate... Check out:
https://www.belowtheline.org.au/vic/