Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bball.

Yesterday, I played basketball for the first time in years. 3 on 3, it was, by in large, really quite fun.

The not fun bit was when I was chasing after all a ball that went out, and then fell flat onto the ground, front first. It was a bit painful at the time, but I was able to get back up straightaway and continue with the game. I therefore did not think too much about it.

At night, though, right below my right rib, a little bit of pain. Then, when I went to bed, I realized I couldn't lie on my front without being in extreme pain. In fact, I pretty much had to stay stationary on my back, minimizing all movement or else it would start to hurt again. This morning, I had to do a push up to get out of bed, rather than a sit up (if that makes any sense). It still hurt when I pressed it, and when I laughed.

I'm hoping it's nothing serious and it should go away soon. It's just quite an unusual feeling for me so not sure if it's a problem.

At times I like this it would be useful to have a medical person or someone familiar with first aid around. Alternatively, I could go to the doctor, but I probably won't unless it gets worse.

Having said that, though, it was a good game of basketball. Playing with people all about a head taller than me was interesting. There was no point even trying to get the rebound.

Ladies and gentlemen, spring is almost here.

5 comments:

Peter said...

**not medical advice**
But sounds like bruised rib or similar. If it were me I'd be doing the same thing - just leaving it if it's improving and doctor if it worsens.

Good luck with it.

On the sport note, I've been hankering recently for something like 5v5 park soccer or something - it's been a long time.

Unknown said...

Good birthday? Sounds like it ;). Kat's always happy to lend advice- I'll send her the link and get her opinion.

Hopefully we can catch up soon :).

Unknown said...

Kat:
"tell her to wait for a bruise to appear :)
if the pain gets worse or doesn't go away in a reasonable length of time, see a doctor - a chest X ray is fast and easy to get and if the alternative is a cracked rib, best to know."

Kei said...

Thanks, guys. I think it's getting better (still hard to tell at the moment) - appreciate the advice :)

Unknown said...

Not a problem :)