Tuesday, June 1, 2010

1st day of Winter, 2010.

The first day of Winter was surprisingly warm. At least, it felt warm to me. My colleague was mentioning that it actually was very cold this morning. Not sure if that was the case, but I do find that I get fooled if the sun is shining; I just automatically assume it is warm. Not that I mind being fooled in such way.

Fox FM was having the audience call in today to give their opinion of whether a lady, who's husband was suffering from serious depression, should give up and leave. Of surprise to me, the views were quite equally divided (52:48 for staying). Reasons for staying involved primarily around doing it for the children. Not disagreeing with that, I was quite surprised for the lack of mention for the husband himself. To me, would you leave a loved one if they suffer any other form of illness? "In sickness and in health", apparently. Find the balance, take care of yourself, but don't leave your husband, don't leave your friend. It could be the last straw to push someone from distress into utter despair.

New addictions can be... well, addicting.

Some good news on the commitment end of one of my good friends. Congratulations on your engagement, matey =) Good work =) Let me make you a strange tea/drink sometime in the near future to celebrate, in the usual Lytton St way. Thanking God in advance as I know he will look after you.

Everyone needs a bit of looking after; who did you look out for today? Send someone a message to let them know you're thinking of them. It could do nothing, it could bring a smile to someone's face, and in some situations, it's been known to save a life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you~! Looking forward to the tea!

Those statistics and comments are disturbing, indeed...

*Hugs*