Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feb 19, '09

Need to stop and breathe for a sec.

Wait...
Wait a bit longer...

Ok, one second is over. Back to real life.

"I'm sorry, I'm late." I hear myself saying that a lot these days.
"I'm sorry, I COMPLETELY forgot!" I hear myself saying that quite frequently these days.

It's come to the stage where I'm talking on the phone to someone and they'll ask me if I have dinner plans, and I literally need to hang up on them to check my phone diary to see if I do because my brain has seemed to have completely lost it's capability to remember short-term stuff. I'm glad we have LotusNotes and constant automatic meeting reminders at work. It saves my life.

I've decided I don't trust my memory anymore. Either that, or I have too much to remember so every detail I can possibly write down and put out of my memory, I do. Before, reminders were like: pay rent or pick up someone from airport at this time from this flight. Recently, reminders started to include things like do groceries, call XX. Even more recently, reminders became more like, call XX at 8:30pm to ask about A and B as well as to discuss C and remind to SMS D where A, B, C and D are clearly defined and written down such that there is no way I can forget.

And even with all this, I'm still always late and completely forgetting about things.

Sighs.

BED TIME.

Reminder to self, before bedtime:
- Get out tomorrow's clothes.
- Turn off computer.
- Turn off lights.
- Go onto bed.
- Close eyes.
- Think about pink elephants.

Right, better quickly get to doing that before I forget about it again.

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It happened to me too!!!

I suppose that's just what working and growing up does to you.

A diary helps. :)