Saturday, January 3, 2009

One resolution, multiple goals.

Just one resolution because a resolution, to me, differs greatly from a goal. I guess I don't take goals very seriously. The only time I really set them was at school, when we were forced to set goals. One of those primary school assignment thingys.

Resolution, on the other hand, stems from a self-motivating determination. I rarely have resolutions. But this year, 2009, resolution will be fulfilled.

Resolution aside, many goals as well. One is to spend less time on internet. It is quite appalling how much time I spend on it. I thought about it today, and this is an approximate breakdown of internet usage:

- 40% - Strobist/Flickr/other photography related sites
- 20% - Email
- 20% - Facebook
- 10% - News
- 10% - Other (e.g. writing this nonsense)
*MSN is usually multi-tasked while doing all of the above.

Looking at the breakdown, one would think I should cut down on photography stuff, but I think that is one of the less time-wasting things when looking at the above. Hence reduce it a bit by perhaps un-joining some of the less useful discussion groups, but that's probably the extent I am willing to do there. On the other hand, I can reduce email sending to < 10 a day (for now, at least... during work it'll be about 110 emails per day but that won't count).

OH. And. I KNOW. This was recommended me by someone a few months earlier, I forgot who. I was mentioning that I don't even like going on Facebook most of the time, it's just like, I have nothing better to do so I go on it and I get quite bored. Well she recommended that everytime I feel like going on Facebook, call someone or go talk to housemates or some real person instead. I tried it for like 2 days and it was actually quite successful. Far more productive. Hm.. so maybe decrease Facebook time to 10 minutes per day, and doubling housemate-bonding activities =D Can't do that with email though because it's actually a useful communication tool rather than a stalking device.

COOL. DEAL. I will work on that.

That aside.. I got wooden glasses today. I received opinions regarding my new fashionable accesories. Apparently they make me look comical/goofy/mischievious. I should wear them when feeling "wacky" as they make me look like a cartoon character. It would be better if I had crooked teeth so I would further look like a cartoon character. Whatever the reviews, I reckon they are AWESOME. They creak and everything... just.. like.. er.. wood.. hahahaha =P

Until tomorrow night (or sometime soon), children.

No comments: