Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010

A couple of unrelated thoughts:

I have an appreciation for the "like" function on Facebook statuses. It is making Facebook even more passive than it already is. I'm finding myself cracking a smile, being amused, or just plain "liking" some statuses that have been popping up. While in the past I would attempt to string together a few words to represent some jumbled thoughts, and subsequently write it in a comment, the easier option has now been provided to just press that nice little button next to "comment", after which a thumbs up sign promptly appears.

I do not have an appreciation for the new digital lockers in the Melbourne Uni Sports centre. I had already heard some conversations in the locker room about how the lockers are a bit unreliable. Without taking that on board, I found myself in a situation where, after rinsing the chlorine off my body and wrapping myself in a towel, an unfriendly locker chose not to open for me after several attempts of entering in the password. Fortunately, I found a nice lady who went out and got a staff member to save me from distress. I did stand there for a long three minutes thoroughly missing my clothes though.

Triviality aside, certainty resides, and for that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for no clothes!