Saturday, February 13, 2010

The wine was green.

It tasted like red wine, but it was the colour of dying algae. Mine was served in a champagne glass, the girl next to me had hers served in a standard red wine glass.

I remember the wine vividly because it was what I stared at, played with, and eventually downed, when I'd found out where'd you gone. The girl next to me comforted me as I started running images of you leaving the table, goign to humiliate yourself. She poured me another glass of wine.

Another girl, one who was being celebrated that evening, and had been up on stage, she came and asked if everything was ok. I guess it appeared that things weren't.

I can't remember how the wine tasted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Although it sounds unpleasant-- it's a nice piece of writing :).