Friday, February 5, 2010

Over the last few days, I've been a bit sick.

Symptoms include being slightly feverish, sore throat, muscle pains, etc. Must be some sort of cold/flu thing.

I thought I was getting better but now it seems to be getting worse again. I realized it first this evening at dinner. I was at a Japanese restaurant and I realized the noodles were tasteless. It was beyond the normal "blandness" of food, it just completely tasted like nothing. Thinking it was a really strange occurence, I asked my dinner companion to taste the noodles. After a bit of a taste test we conducted on noodles, rice and the green tea, the conclusion was my taste buds have gone a bit wonky. I'm guessing it links in with the sickness.

You might not think not being able to taste is not the end of the world, and it really isn't, but I was just really fascinated how I could completely not taste the food that was entering into my mouth. I could smell it, and remember what it should taste like, but it was just... beyond bland.

It's not pleasant when it hurts too much to swallow, hurts too much to cough. Feel hungry but don't actually want to eat because it hurts.

I can't believe how bad I feel. I can't remember feeling this sick in awhile. I guess I take good health for granted.

I hope it goes away soon. Just like I hope a lot of other inconveniences will just go away.

No comments: