Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I was walking down the street.

I saw restaurants, I saw shops
I glanced one way and there were people smiling
I glanced another and saw the poor begging

Someone struggling with remember his PIN at the ATM
Another exasperated as his dog makes another one of his messes
Yet another in his own world, head down, bobbing to his earphones

Street lights flickering about
Sounds of cars whizzing by
Gusts of wind

I have almost walked to the end of the section
When I realize I have not thought about you once

For once, the smells from the restaurant did not remind of the food we once shared
For once, the dog didn't remind me of how your hair looks in the morning
For once, the gust of wind didn't remind me of how you used to keep me warm

And then, I realized, there I was again, thinking of you.
And then, I realized, it will still be a very long time, before I can walk down any street, without having your face on everything I see, feel, touch, hear.

I hope you are well.

No comments: