Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pray.

A few friends performed a song last week by Third Day, called "When the Rain Comes". Part of it goes a bit like this:

I can't stop the rain
From falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain
But I will hold you 'til it goes away

Before the songw as sung, one of the performers said something along the lines of "Many of us have friends that are going through difficult times, and we don't know how to help them. But take heart, be encouraged, just keep being there."

It is difficult not knowing knowing how to help. What makes it impossible is when the realization comes that, asides from being ears to listen, there's nothing you can do.

I'll always be here to listen. I'll always be here to nod and pretend things will be ok, even when we both think they won't. I'll always be there, to sit with you, and listen to the rain.

But... somehow.. I don't think it's enough.

And thus I shall pray.

I haven't prayed for a very, very long time. It's because I feel God doesn't listen to me. But then again, who am I to expect God to listen? And perhaps he has, perhaps I just haven't been very open. Regardless, I will pray. I wll try. It's the least I can do. Maybe God will listen this time, if it's praying for someone else.

For me, I live for the 5 seconds of the day in which it's not utter horror. For me, I live for the 5 seconds of the day that I see notice the sun shining. For me, I live for the 5 seconds of the day that someone makes me smile.

Sure, that's 15 seconds only.... but that's 15 seconds more than none.

I wish the same for you.
I hope the same for you.
I pray the same for you.

No comments: