Wednesday, October 29, 2008

$3.20

Yesterday, I was written a cheque. A rather generous cheque, I must say. It came to a grand total of $3.20. The story behind why I was given this cheque is a bit long, so I won't bother. But, let's just attribute it to someone's overwhelming generosity =D

This morning, I went to the bank to cash the cheque. The teller, after punching in the numbers and fiddling about with whatever else she does on her computer, tells me that it will take approximately three working days for the cheque to come through. She looks at the cheque again, then chuckles.

Guessing what was implied behind the chuckle, I said to her, "Don't worry, I think I can live with $3.20 for three days." She then goes, "You can buy a lot with $3.20! You could get a coffee!" I then say, "Turn over the cheque." She turns over the cheque, and right there is a-oh-so-artistic drawing of a steaming cup of coffee. She reads, "A cup of coffee - to Kei".

The teller bursts out laughing. She can't stop laughing for at least 20 seconds. She says something a long the lines of, "What are the chances??? Wow! Someone actually wrote you a cheque for that...?!?! So sweet!"

Hahaha. It's only just after midday, but I must say, that little experience with the whole being given the cheque thing, and then cashing it through and cracking up the bank teller made my day.

Thanks, matey. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say... that is awesome! Indeed! haha

Unknown said...

Classic! It would almost be worth just keeping the cheque, with the scrawling.

But to get that response... priceless!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

heehee! that's funny =). glad a cheque could amuse so many ppl's days!