Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I don't know who you are. Unfriend.

I've been finding that it is increasingly common for people to change their names on Facebook recently. I'm not sure what that is about. It is usually a variation of their actual name or some sort of nickname they have. Sometimes the person has gotten married and changed their last name. Short of that, other name changes seem to have seemingly no relevance.

I guess I don't really see the point of it, but that's ok, it's not a big issue. It only becomes a slight issue when I don't actually know these people well. Today, there was a girl on my Facebook who's name I did not recognize. It was a strange name, as if it was a variation of her proper name. I decided to look at her photos to see if I could gain some insight. Unfortunately, my mind drew a blank even looking through about 10 photos of her. Perhaps she was one of those people that I met once and added me to her list. Either way, I decided to use the "unfriend" function, since there clearly is a gap.

No comments: